You might be interested in these top 10 stories from newspapers across the country.
1. Labor calls for cancellation of election results in contested areas
Labor is calling for the removal of polling stations where voter intimidation, violence and other electoral violations marred Saturday’s Governor-General and House of Representatives elections.read more
2. Lagos’ Rhodes-Vivour condemns attack on Lagos voters
Lagos Labor gubernatorial candidate Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour has expressed sympathy for victims of attacks in the state’s gubernatorial and House elections on Saturday.read more
3. Election Observers Blame Security Inadequacy, Violence, Vote Buying for Spoiling Nigerian Elections
The Center for Democracy and Development (CDD) condemned the low number of security personnel deployed at polling stations in the country’s gubernatorial and state assembly elections.read more
4. INEC postpones elections for two Rivers LGAs
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has postponed the governorship and state assembly elections in two local government areas in Rivers state until Sunday.read more
5. KWARA: Low voter turnout despite early arrival of INEC officials
Despite the early arrival of INEC officials and materials, voter turnout appears to be low in Kwara State’s gubernatorial and House of Representatives elections.read more
Also read:Top 10 stories from Nigerian newspapers, Friday, March 17, 2023
6. Labor guber candidate, Otti accuses INEC of manipulating results in Abia
Abia State Labor Party gubernatorial candidate Alex Otti has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of manipulating the state’s election results.read more
7. Emirates says 50% of its revenue is stranded in Nigeria
Dubai-based Emirates announced that about 50% of its revenue is stuck in the country due to foreign exchange restrictions and lack of access to U.S. dollars.read more
8. Police recover looted ballot boxes and weapons in Lagos
Police personnel in Lagos have recovered weapons, ballot boxes and sensitive materials that were looted by some suspected thugs in the state’s gubernatorial and house elections on Saturday.read more
9. UPDATE: EFCC arrests 65 people in 8 states for alleged ticket buying
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arrested 65 people suspected of buying tickets during Saturday’s gubernatorial and House elections.read more
10. EPL: Everton thwart Chelsea, Leicester end losing streak with draw at Brentford
Chelsea drew 2-2 with Everton in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge on Saturday night.read more
join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at a huge financial cost.
As a media platform, we are accountable to our leadership and will not trade the rights to a free press and free speech for a piece of the cake.
If you like our work and would like to support solutions journalism, please donate to Ripple Nigeria reason.
Your support will help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to trusted and reliable information for social development.