As part of the UFC Vegas 61 preliminaries card, a pair of former PFL standouts from Maxim Grishin and Philipe Lins will face off in the bout before bumping into the main card.
However, it turns out that Grishin vs. Lins is not going to happen at all.
During Saturday’s UFC Vegas 61 broadcast, promotion officials announced that a medical issue had caused the cards to be shuffled, pushing Grishin and Lins to the main deck, giving one of the fighters more time to overcome the illness. No such luck, as the battle was called off.
No disclosure was made about the nature of the medical problem.
The light heavyweight bout saw both fighters emerge victorious in their final bout.
UFC Vegas 61 ends with 11 fights due to cancellations. It was the second hit on the Fight Night card, and Jessica Penne also lost against Tabatha Ricci before Friday’s official weigh-in.
UFC Vegas 61 moves forward in the following matches:
- Mackenzie Dunn vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. Randy Brown
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Treven Jones
- Sodiq Yusuff vs. Don Shainis
- John Castaneda vs. Daniel Santos
- Mike Davis vs. Vyacheslav Bolshev
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Ilir Latifi
- Joaquin Silva vs. Jesse Ronson
- Krzysztof Jotko vs Brendan Allen
- Julia Stolyarenko vs Chelsea Chandler
- Guido Cannetti vs Randy Costa