Back at UFC London a few weeks ago, light heavyweight Nikita Krylov made a clever call: Volkan Ozdemir, who also competed in the London Card.
On Friday, UFC officials announced that the fight was over. Krylov (28-9) will face Oezdemir (18-6) in Abu Dhabi this October as part of UFC 280.
– UFC Europe (@UFCEurope) August 5, 2022
While it’s easy to dismiss this as a short-lived shift due to the timing of the announcement, the October card is less than three months away. Still, both fighters have a chance to strike while the iron is hot: Krylov clinched the biggest win of his career by beating former title challenger and UFC Hall of Famer Alexander Gustafson in the first round.
Meanwhile, Oezdemir kept distance from Scotland’s Paul Craig, winning a unanimous decision and breaking a two-game skid in the process.
UFC 280 will take place on October 22, 2022 at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi, UAE. According to reports, the event has the following matches:
- Charles Oliveira and Islam Makhachev – For the vacant UFC lightweight title
- Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. TJ Dillashaw – UFC Bantamweight Champion
- Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Berard Muhammad and Sean Brady
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Ramos
- Petr Yan vs. Sean O’Malley
- Zubaira Tuhugov vs. Lucas Almeida
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Manon Fiorot
- Makhmud Muradov vs. Caio Borralho
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Mohammad Mokayev
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Nikita Krylov