Matt LeBlanc recently fell victim to a death hoax, with many fans believing the Friends actor is dead. However, it is not. He is alive and well in 2023.
Social media has become the most famous place for people to find the latest celebrity news and try to keep up with the world. However, it has also become a medium for disseminating fake news.
Recently, Matt LeBlanc was the victim of a death hoax, and many people believed him to be dead. Prior to this, celebrities such as Tom Holland and Oprah Winfrey also fell for it.
Matt LeBlanc is not dead
News of Matt’s death started appearing on TikTok as users saw the video with the RIP message. It didn’t take long for the news to spread to other platforms, including Twitter, as one user put it: “Why are people joking and acting like Matt LeBlanc is dead, stop scaring me like that.”
Another added: “Just fell in love with a TikTok that said matt leblanc died and I literally started crying.”
“Matt LeBlanc is dead?!!!” read another comment.
In reality, however, the actor is still alive in 2023.
What is he doing now?
Matt seems to be focusing on his personal life, as the actor has taken a social media hiatus for now.He was last active in January 2023 when he posted a tribute Bullock.
Beyond that, Matt emphasized that he’s always communicating with fans and doesn’t miss an opportunity to mention his famous Friends character, Joey Tribbiani.
Matt doesn’t appear to be working on any new projects as of now.
How to report fake posts on social media
If you come across a false post on social media, we urge you to report it immediately by following the steps on the platform.
If you want to do it on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Tweet you want to report.
- Click the icon at the top of the tweet.
- Select Report Tweet.
To report on Facebook:
- Go to the post you want to report.
- Tap in the upper right corner of the post.
- Click Ask for Support or Report Post.
- To provide feedback, tap the option that best describes how this post violates Community Standards. Click Next.
- click submit
To report on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post
- select report
To report TikTok, follow these steps:
- Select the video you want to report
- Click the arrow that appears in the lower right corner of the video
- Select “Reports” from the options that appear
- Select “Misleading” from the options
- click submit
In other news, how many DC movies has James Gunn’s wife been in as director denies casting bias?