Kurt Happy Zuma is a French professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for West Ham United and the French national team in the Premier League. Zouma started his career in Saint-Etienne, where he made his professional debut at the age of 16, winning the Coupe de la Ligue in 2013.
|full name||Kurt Happy Zuma|
|famous name||Kurt Zuma|
|date of birth||October 27, 1994|
|place of birth||Lyon, France|
|Country of Citizenship||French|
|age in 2021||27 years|
|brother||Lionel Zuma and Yoon Zuma|
|hair color||dark brown|
|Profession||French professional football player|
|net worth||$4 and $5 million|
Kurt Zuma Biography
On October 27, 1994, in Lyon, France, the French footballer was born into a family who loves sports. Guy Zuma is his father’s name, but his mother’s name is unknown. His father, Guy Zouma, worked hard for the family, while his mother, Mrs. Guy, worked as a cleaner. Kurt’s parents moved to France from the Central African Republic. He has five siblings, one of whom is an older sister. His older brother Lionel Zouma and younger brother Euan Zouma are both professional footballers. At the age of 9, the player started his youth career at Vaulx-en-Velin.
Kurt Zouma Height, Weight, Body Measurements
He is 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm) tall and weighs 95 kilograms (kg). His eyes are dark brown, as is his hair.
- Zouma started his career with Saint-Etienne B in 2011, where he played 10 games and scored two goals. He has been promoted to the first team since the 2011-12 season.
- Chelsea spent 14.6 million euros in the 2014 winter transfer, making 71 appearances for the club and scoring four goals in 73 games. However, he did leave at the end of the season and was loaned to Stoke City for €7.8m in 2017-18.
- On April 20, 2013, Zouma helped Saint-Etienne beat Rennes 1-0 in the Ligue 1 final.
- On January 31, 2014, Zouma signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea at a price of 14.6 million euros. However, he did go on loan to Saint-Etienne for the 2013-14 season.
- He made his Premier League debut on 26 October 2014 as a stoppage-time substitute for Willian in a 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford.
- Zouma played defensively at Chelsea when Nemanja Marti was suspended and John Obi Mikel was injured in the Carabao Cup final against Tottenham on 1 March 2015 midfield.
Kurt Zuma net worth
Estimated net worth is between $4 and $5 million. Zouma signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea on 31 January 2014 for around £12 million (€14.6 million). On August 28, 2021, Zouma signed a four-year, £29.8 million contract with West Ham.
Kurt Zouma has agreed to a four-year contract worth an average £6,240,000. In 2021, Zouma’s base salary is £6.24 million, capped at £6.24 million.
The Sun revealed that Zuma is an ambassador for the French charity Seed, which has raised money for a big cat rescue shelter.
Last year, the charity Zouma touted on his Instagram bio raised £20,000 to renovate the tiger habitat in Refuge De L’Arche, France.
Kurt Zouma lost his Adidas sponsorship deal just hours after he was fined £250,000 by West Ham and his two cats were taken care of by the RSPCA.
property and car
The centre-back currently drives a Porsche Panamera, which he mainly uses for training.
Kurt Zouma wife, marriage, children
His wife’s name is Andrazuma. They have been together for nearly ten years. They first met when they were young in Lyon, France. The couple married in 2012 when he was 19 years old. They have been together ever since. They were all Muslims when they traveled to Mecca in 2019. They have three children.
Sandra is Project Manager for Seed Charity. She has worked with several footballers, including Paul Pogba and his wife Maria Zulay Pogba, to help educate individuals and help people in Africa educate.
Awards and Achievements
- Premier League Cup: 2012-13 Premier League season 2014-15 and 2016-17
- 2014-15 Football League Cup
- 2020-21 UEFA Champions League
- FA Cup runners-up: 2016-17, 2019-20, 2020-21 European Super Cup: 2021
- 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Chelsea Young Player of the Year 2014-15
- Zuma is named after Kurt Sloane, played by Jean-Claude Van Damme in the 1989 film Taekwondo, whose middle name Happy is for Commemorates Africa’s practice of adopting the word uplifting as a middle name.
- Zuma and Sandra are married and have three children.
- Zuma, a Muslim, traveled to Mecca in 2019.
- Kurt received a comprehensive football education and professional development at Vaulx-en-Velin, where he tested various positions before becoming a defender.