Another interesting bout has been added to next month’s UFC 279 card.
Kevin Holland (23-7) will face Daniel Rodriguez (16-2) in a welterweight bout at PPV on September 10, 2022.
As is customary, Holland himself announced the news in a video posted on social media, which also featured a new song from welterweight, N3ck.
The Netherlands is 2-0 since returning to welterweight earlier this year. He kicked off with a TKO win over Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira in March, then caught Tim Means with a D’arce choke in June.
He has also been turning his head outside the Octagon after helping to subdue a shooter at a Texas restaurant and helping rescue truck driver From an overturned tractor trailer.
Rodriguez won three straight games, including wins over fan favorites Kevin Lee and Mike Perry.
UFC 279 will be held at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 10, 2022. The non-title fight between Khamzat Chimaev and Nate Diaz grabbed the headlines. The following rounds of the event have been reported:
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz
- Tony Ferguson VS Li Jingliang
- Shamir Abdurahimov vs. Jalton Almeida
- Norma Dumont vs. Daniel Wolff
- Erin Aldana vs. Macy Chiasson
- Dennis Tiullin vs. Jamie Pickett
- Heili Alateng vs Chad Anheliger
- Melissa Martinez vs. Elise Reed
- Ion Cutelaba and Johnny Walker
- Chris Barnett vs. Jack Collier
- Hakim Davodu vs. Julian Erosa
- Yohan Lainesse vs Darian Weeks
- Kevin Holland vs. Daniel Rodriguez