With a new UFC contract, French lightweight Fares Ziam will appear at home as part of the UFC Paris Card in September.
Ziam (12-4) will welcome undefeated Cage Warriors rookie Michal Figlak (8-0) to a promotion on September 3, 2022. The event marked the UFC’s first in Paris, and there’s no question that Ziam is eager to fight at home.
The fighter made the announcement via mixed martial arts fan Thursday. “The fight at UFC Paris was great for me, my family and the French fans,” he said in the Twitter live space. “It’s going to be a historic night, so I’m going to give my all to the show.”
Ziam is 2-2 in the UFC so far and signed Terrance McKinney to a contract in February. Before that loss, he had won two consecutive games against Luigi Vendramini and Jamie Mullarkey.
Earlier this year, Ziam appeared to be one of many athletes to drop out of the UFC roster. However, with the Paris Card approaching and the UFC looking for some local flavor, the opportunity for a comeback arose.
Figlak is unbeaten in eight matches, six of which came under the British Cage Warriors banner.
UFC Paris will take place on September 3, 2022 at the Accor Arena in Paris, France, with French heavyweight Ciryl Game taking on Tai Tuivasa to headline the event. The following matches have been reported as incidents:
- Ciryl Gane vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Robert Whittaker vs. Marvin Vittori
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Roman Kopilov
- John Mark Desi vs. Nasrat Hakpalast
- Tyler Lapirus vs. Khaled Taha
- Charles Jourdain vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Zara Fern dos Santos vs. Erin Perez
- Nasuldine Imavov vs. Joaquin Barkley
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Danny Henry
- Dustin Stoltzforth vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Benoît Saint-Denis vs. Gabriel Miranda