During showdown talks, Antonio Conte tells Tottenham chiefs he doesn’t want seven players.

According to reports, Antonio Conte has informed the Tottenham board of seven players he wants to let go this summer.

Since taking over in November, the Italian has overseen a remarkable transformation at the Lilywhites, securing the club’s return to the Champions League on the final day of the Premier League season. By reshaping his squad this summer, the 52-year-old appears determined to take Tottenham to the next level.

Spurs are reportedly closing in on a free transfer for Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic, having already agreed a deal for Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster, as the new arrivals in North London have begun. Conte also appears to have made his feelings about outgoings known, with reports claiming that he has identified a whopping seven players to sell this summer.

Conte met with technical director Fabio Paratici on Monday, the same day Perisic pledged his future to Spurs, to discuss the club’s summer recruitment. According to the Daily Mail, a large number of people’s names were removed from the list.

Tanguy Ndombele, Davinson Sanchez, Harry Winks, Giovani Lo Celso, Steven Bergwijn, Sergio Reguilon, and Joe Rodon, according to the report, all have uncertain futures and may be moved this summer. As Conte enters his first transfer window in charge, the Spurs septet is expected to be part of a significant squad overhaul this summer.

Tottenham had planned to strengthen in a number of areas going into the window, it was widely assumed. A new goalkeeper, center back, wing back, central midfielder, and striker were among the items on the wish list.

Do you think Tottenham should get rid of those seven players, as Antonio Conte believes? Please share your thoughts in the box below.

Conte met with Spurs CEO Fabio Paratici on Monday, according to reports, to discuss the club’s summer transfer plans.

(Image: Getty Images)

While Spurs should have plenty of transfer funds following owner Joe Lewis’ recent £150 million cash injection, it appears Conte wants to supplement his spending with fees from several sales. The Italian appears to be committed to building a stronger squad depth at the club, admitting earlier this month that his summer transfer list was “very, very big” due to a slew of injuries.

“No, no, we’re completely focused on this season,” Conte said to reporters. We’ll finish the season with only 15 players, as I’ve said before. So giving them a list isn’t feasible right now because it would be extensive.”

Tottenham had a successful January transfer window despite only bringing in two players. Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusevski both joined Spurs from Juventus and played crucial roles in securing a place in the Champions League for next season.

Leave a Comment