Brooke Robert Lopez Is an American professional basketball player for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association. He was a Stanford Cardinals basketball player for two years. The New Jersey Nets selected Lopez with the 10th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft.
|full name||Brooke Robert Lopez|
|date of birth||April 1, 1988|
|place of birth||North Hollywood, California|
|Nick name||splash mountain|
|Country of Citizenship||American|
|father’s name||Heriberto Lopez|
|mother’s name||Deborah Ledford|
|brothers and sisters||Four (three brothers and one sister)|
|age||33 years old|
|high||7 feet (2.13 cm)|
|weight||128 kg (282 lb)|
|net worth||$14 million|
Brook Lopez Biography
Brooke Lopez The full name is Robert Lopez, however, he is often referred to as Brook Lopez. Since childhood, basketball has attracted his curiosity. So basketball has always been a part of Lopez’s life and is now his profession. Lopez was born on April 1, 1988 and is 33 years old. He was born in North Hollywood, California.
His ethnicity is Caucasian and he is an American citizen. His zodiac sign is Aries. Lopez attended San Joaquin Memorial High School in Fresno, California. He also attended Stanford University from 2006 to 2008.
Lopez comes from a family of five children, two brothers and one sister. Lopez’s father, Heriberto Lopez, and Lopez’s mother, Deborah Ledford, are now separated. His estranged father is Cuban. His mother, Deborah Ledford, was a world-class swimmer. She even went to basketball games to cheer her kids on.
Brook Lopez Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Brook Lopez is 33 years old and was born on April 1, 1998. Lopez is 7 feet (2.13 meters) tall and weighs 282 pounds (128 kilograms). He has an athletic physique, as well as excellent height and build. He is in good health and believes in maintaining a healthy weight.
In addition to his physical attributes, he has light brown hair and dark brown eyes.
- Brook Lopez began his collegiate career at Samford University (2006-2007). His college stats are impressive. Lopez was named to the All-Pac-10 Freshman and All-Pac-10 teams. As a rookie, he averaged 12.6 points and 6.0 rebounds.
- Next season, he averaged 19.3 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.1 blocks and 1.5 assists. The 7-footer scored the game-winning shot in the second round of the 2008 NCAA Tournament against the Marquette Golden Eagles. As a result, the 82-81 overtime victory was the team’s best.
- Brook Lopez was drafted by the Brooklyn Nets from Stanford University with the 10th overall pick in 2008. Lopez made his NBA debut on October 9, 2008 against the Sacramento Kings, averaging 8 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks in 25 minutes per game.
- Lopez then started providing the team with important stats. Because of his performance, he was selected for the 2009 NBA All-Star Weekend Rookie Challenge.
- Brook appeared in 82 games in his first season, averaging 13.0 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.9 blocks. He was nominated for the NBA Rookie of the Year First Team and finished third in the voting. Additionally, he was named NBA Rookie of the Month twice in a row in January and February.
- On December 4, 2009, the Brooklyn Nets defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 97-91. Lopez’s 31 points and 14 rebounds helped the team win. He averaged career highs of 8.6 rebounds and 18.8 points in 36.9 minutes.
- In the 2009-2010 season, Lopez started every game. However, the season didn’t go as planned. They finished the season with the worst record in NBA history, going 12-70.
- Lopez is entering his third NBA season after both great and poor results. Lopez, on the other hand, failed to grab a rebound and was reprimanded by team head coach Avery Johnson. He had a double-double of 20.4 points, 6.0 rebounds, 1.5 blocks and 1.6 assists.
- The Brooklyn Nets finished with a 24-58 record and missed the playoffs. Before the start of next season, Lopez agreed to a four-year extension worth $61 million (2012-13). Lopez got off to a strong start to the season, scoring 27 points against the Toronto Raptors. He scored 20 points in seven of the remaining twelve games.
- After that, he injured his ankle against the Boston Celtics. He returned in December and played fairly well into late December. On December 29, he averaged 35 points and 11 rebounds in a win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- In January 2013, the Bucks center was named to the All-Star team for the first time. Lopez broke his foot in December 2013 and missed the rest of the season. Lopez signed a three-year extension with the Brooklyn Nets in July 2015. Brook was the second-highest scorer of the Brooklyn Nets’ career in the 2015-2016 season. In the same season, Lopez established himself as the franchise’s all-time top scorer.
- On June 22, 2017, the Los Angeles Lakers traded Lopez and Kyle Kuzma for D’Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov. Lopez made his NBA debut in October 2017 against the Los Angeles Clippers, averaging 20 points per game.
- He hit six 3-pointers and scored 34 points against his former team, the Brooklyn Nets.
The Milwaukee Bucks are a professional basketball club headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Lopez joined the Milwaukee Bucks on July 17, 2018, after playing for the Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers. He made his season debut in July 2018, averaging 14 points in a win over the Charlotte Hornets. Against the Denver Nuggets, he had 28 points and eight 3-pointers.
- Lopez leads the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Toronto Raptors. To help the club win, he averaged a career-high 29 points per game, hit 3-pointers and defended well. In 2019, Lopez agreed to a four-year, $52 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks.
- In October 2019, he made his season debut against the Houston Rockets with 11 points, 3 assists and 5 blocks. As a result, his score remained the same throughout the game. Against the Dallas Mavericks, he had a season-high 34 points, seven rebounds and two blocks.
Lopez won his first title in 2021.
- The finals featured two of the league’s top teams, the Phoenix Suns and the Milwaukee Bucks. The Bucks beat the Lakers 98-105 for the NBA championship in 2021.
Brook Lopez Net Worth
The NBA star is one of the most famous. He started his professional basketball career in 2008 and is currently actively seeking a future in the NBA. Brooke is still alive, he is 34 years old. The famous basketball player has a net worth of $14 million. He became a billionaire with a successful basketball career.
Brook Lopez Endorsements As of now, Brook Lopez has been linked with Adidas as his main endorsement brand.
Brooke Lopez girlfriend, dating
The California athlete has been in a relationship with Hailee Nicole Strickland for nearly a decade. Since then, the couple have been enjoying quality time together. Hailee Strickland also works as a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at Townsquare Interactive. She is very attractive and has a wonderful fashion sense. The two met in late 2012 and have been together for more than a decade.
Awards and Achievements
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2020)
- Basketball Championship (2021)
- Associated Press and NABC All-American Third Team (2008)
- All-Pac 10 First Team (2008)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2009)
- National Parade 3rd Team (2006)
- McDonald’s All-American (2006)
- Brook Lopez was a Stanford Cardinals basketball player for two years.
- Brook Lopez moved from Hollywood to Oak Harbor, Washington, as a sophomore in order to be closer to his older brother Alex, who was playing basketball at the University of Washington at the time.
- Brook Lopez ranks fourth in the league with 154 blocks and ninth with 1.9 blocks per game, first among rookies.
- Brook Lopez earned the nickname “Splash Mountain,” a reference to the Golden State Warriors’ famous three-point shooters Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson and the ride of the same name at Disneyland.