LAS VEGAS, Nevada – Adds another possible title fight to UFC 285 as the fight between bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes and contender Erin Aldana is targeted at La Las Vegas hosts the highly anticipated pay-per-view.
first reporter fighting.
Nunes (22-5) just regained his title from former UFC 277 champion Julianna Peña in July. Before that, she had broken through to the bantamweight division and had several title fights at 145 pounds.
Aldana (14-6) enters this matchup after a TKO win over Messi Kiasson at UFC 279 in September. Going into the round with two consecutive finishes helped Aldana win the title, with a possible trilogy between Nunes and Peña.
UFC 285 will take place on March 4 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. As of now, the status of the card is as follows:
- Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gunn UFC Heavyweight Title Fight
- Amanda Nunes vs. Erin Aldana The goal is to win the UFC bantamweight title
- Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Jeff Neal
- Derrick Brunson vs. Dricus Du Plessis
- Jamie Pickett vs. Bo Nickell
- Julian Marquez vs. Marc-André Barriott
- Viviane Araujo vs. Amanda Ribas
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Julio Arce
- Jessica Payne vs. Tabatha Richie
- Farid Basharat vs. Da’Mon Blackshear
- Kamuela Kirk vs. Esteban Ribovics
With only a few slots left on the card for fights, UFC 285 should be pretty much done at this point.