The UFC’s March 11, 2023 Fight Night card has booked a heavyweight showdown between Eastern European standouts.
Russia’s former Bellator MMA heavyweight champion Alexander Volkov (35-10) will face Moldova’s Alexander (Alexander) Romanov (16-1) in a bout at the Virgin Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada theater held.
Eurosport News of the match was first reported on Tuesday. Romanoff confirmed the pair on his Instagram Story.
Volkov has been winning and losing lately, most recently with a TKO over Jairzinho Rozenstruik in June. Before that, the Russian known as “Drago” had been submitted by England’s Tom Aspinall as part of the UFC London main event last March.
Volkov, who joined the UFC in 2016, made the mark in defeats of TUF champion Roy “Big Country” Nelson, former UFC champion Fabricio Windum and former Strikeforce champion Alistair Overeem. Significant victory.
“King Kong” Romanov entered the UFC in 2020 as a highly touted heavyweight, winning his first five fights. The first setback in his MMA career came in his final bout when he lost a split decision to Marcin Tybura.
UFC’s March 11, 2023 Fight Night Show will feature former bantamweight champion Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili. The incident reported the following fights:
- Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Tyson South vs Bruno Gustavoda Silva
- Abu Azaitar vs. Cedric Dumas
- Łukasz Brzeski vs. Karl Williams
- Mario Bautista vs. Guido Cannetti
- JJ Aldridge vs. Ariana Lipsky
- Raphael Assunção vs. Kyler Phillips
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Alexander Romanov vs. Alexander Volkov